Saturday, August 2, 2008

Second day in America^.*

My name is Tomoko. My major is international politics. I’m interesting in the culture of America and school life of the student in American university, and I want to talk a lot about many things with students in there. Then I’d like to exchange many things, for example, culture, family, hobby, our sense of values. This is why I chose this summer program.
We arrived in America 1st AUG. It’s yesterday. I was very tired because of long flight. But after arrival, I was excited. We met teachers and mentors, Heather, Mina, Nikki Joseph, and Mike. They are very friendly. I was glad to see them. After I got a bus, I saw many senses of Washington D.C, for instance, White house, many kinds of museums, many cars and colorful houses. All of them are fresh for me.
Yesterday night, I slept well. So I’m looking forward to visiting many places and talking with mentors and teachers.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I am so happy you are here! Please feel free to ask me ANY questions about my lifestyle or American culture. I'm excited to also learn a lot of things from you.

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Tomoko, you have the right attitude! You are eager to learn new things and to share your own culture and ideas with us. I think you will get a lot out of the program. It goes by fast, though! Before you know it, it will be time to leave, so I hope you will enjoy every moment!

Ai said...

Nice to meet you in blog, Tomoko^^

I'm Ai, a member of AGU 2007. How is your impression after arriving in Maryland!?

This tour is really good for you if you want to learn about American university, culture, hobbies^^ You can find something interesting everyday!!

Ai

KANA.Y said...

Hi Tomoko:) I am a member of AGU 2007.

Good sleep is good to enjoy your trip. You wil have great experience for 2 weeks. Have fun withyour friends and take care of your health!

Kana

Hiromi said...

Hello, Tomoko! This is Hiromi.
I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks!

Also, I'm glad to know that you're having a good time there! By exploring lots of new things, I'm sure it gives you a new perspective on how you look at the world and how you learn your major!

Ayumi said...

Hello!I am your roommate,Ayumi.I read your blog and have the same idea.Please get along with me!!