Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The first class day!




Hi! Yesterday, I attended a class first time. In Heather class, we talked about the difference of culture between America and Japan in a group. For example, food, transportation, cloth, people as first impression in America. After we finished the class, we met the students who study Japanese. And we had lunch and talked about what they like with two oh them using a little Japanese. Then we played bowling and billiards. One of them is very good at playing billiards. Both of them are very gentle. It’s very exciting and I enjoyed very much. After that, we said ‘’Good bye!”

At 4 P.M, we met mentors, we travel to DC and visited Kennedy Center for free concert. The jazz was very good and the singer was singing with very mice voice. I had a lot of fun. After the jazz concert finished, we went to sushi bar and I ate sashimi. Miso soup was very delicious. On the way to hotel, I talked about nice story with Nikki and my friends. I felt happy to hear that. Then, We went back hotel very late. I’m tired but I enjoyed.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I had very good time with you when we went bowling and played billiards.
We have to buy beef jerky as soon as possible!!

misa said...

Nikkei’s story was very good!! I agree you^^

Nikki said...

I had a lot of fun talking with you yesterday. I enjoy learning about you. Also, if you ever have any questions please ask!

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Tomoko,
This sounds like a very successful day! I wonder what the nice story you referred to was. Maybe it is better not to stay out too late; if you are back around 11, you will have enough sleep to be enthusiastic the next morning when you come to class!
Cheers,
Nina
PS Why didn't you upload your photo to your first post? Did you have trouble?

Mary H said...

What a day-- You are really having a lot of experiences during your stay in America! Enjoy the program,

Mary (an English teacher in Japan and friend of Nina)

Hiromi said...

Hello, Tomoko! ^^
It seems that you've learned a lot by attending the class, right? That's really great!

Also, going out for the jazz concert sounds really good and I'm sure you had a lot of fun being there. :)